U9 Boys Division
Length: Four 10 minute quarters (running time)
Time between quarters: 2 minutes.
Halftime: 10 minutes maximum.
Timeouts: Two 1 minute timeouts per team per half (Coaches may stop clock at their discretion)
Score: NO SCORE KEPT IN U9
Overtime: NO OVERTIME IN U9
- No officials, Coaches serve as both officials and coaches(manage game on-field)
- No stick checks
- No body checks
- No “man-ball”
- All other illegal contact penalties apply
- Penalties: play is stopped; players do not serve penalties, but may be removed at discretion of coach. no man-up/man-down
- Ground Ball 20 Second Rule: If possession is not gained in 20 seconds or less, possession is awarded based on AP. If physicality is excessive, either coach may blow whistle and use AP to award possession.
- No Goalies(any crease violation nullifies goal)
- Three Pass Rule: Players must attempt three passes before shooting. Coaches determine what qualifies as a pass. Coaches count out loud the number of attempted passes. Typical criteria for an attempted pass: players six feet apart or more, ball travels above player shoulder height, etc. Incomplete passes count as an attempted pass.
- Shooting: Players are encouraged to utilize proper overhand shooting technique. Rolling the ball into the goal is discouraged. In the event of a goal scored by a rolling shot, the goal still counts.
- Goals: Regulation (6’x6’) goals used in 2014 U-9 games.
- Float Rule: There is no player float rule for U-9.
- Stick Length: No long poles in U-9. Short stick length between 37-42 inches in length.
- Mouthguards: All players must wear visibly colored mouthguards (no clear mouthguards)
Join our news letter!
About Locker Room
Ut cum nobis disputando, ut errem possim diceret quo, eos commodo adversarium cu. Nec at diceret feugiat hendrerit. An habeo graeci pri, debitis pericula honestatis vix in. No error iisque quo. Duo quis democritum complectitur at, ea partem corpora fabellas est, etiam aeque mollis ius ut.